I'm getting married!

On May 4th, we said "I love you" to each other, sitting on an ice chest outside his flooded house. And for many weeks, every evening ended in that manner. It became a period of time we cherished as an escape for all that was going on. Since that time we would see each other everyday, trying to get our arms around what happened, but also seeing our relationship growing into what we knew would be a lifetime of standing by each others side.

On June 11th, we went out to the house to check the mail and see how the drying was going (running the dehumidifier around the clock). After making a routine check, we were reflecting on the flood and all that had happened over the last 40 days. He pulls out the ice chest and asked if I wanted to sit on the ice chest with him for a few minutes. We talked about the house and all the memories that he had in it over the last 10 years. We talked about the power of God to destroy the earth by water long ago, which was more real how that could happen, after seeing Nashville on that horrible weekend in May.

As we continued our conversation, he said I don't want that flood to be my last memory of this place... he pulled out the ring... and said will you marry me? I said, "of course, I will"!

But....the story doesn't end there, he tells me this on the following day...

During the 40 days after our flood, you demonstrated how you were at my side the whole way and proved that you will always be at my side, as I am at yours. So fitting that on the 40th day after our flood, we start our new beginning, from the very place where the water receded from my old life.

The rain stopped after 40 days. God saved the survivors from the flood, the water receded, and then there was a new beginning.

So we are on to a new beginning.... can't wait to spend the rest of my life with my best friend and the most amazing guy in the world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home