5k Race ---- I did it!


Race
Originally uploaded by gerbdaisies.
On December 3, 2005, I ran my first race! I was so excited. It was a 5K (3.1 miles) for St. Jude Research Hospital. Not only was it for a great cause, I have found a new hobby. It was the most amazing feeling of accomplishment. I am so excited about running another one in the next month or so.
I finished 334 out of 808 overall and in my age group I finished 18 out of 54. I was so proud. I knew there was no way I would win. I just wanted to completed what I had trained so hard for.

The funniest thing about the race, was going into it they said that they were only giving medals to the first 1000 finishers. I started out really good and thought I am not too far behind... but when I was going uphill and the people in front of me where going downhill, I could see all the people in front of me. I got a little worried that I would not get a medal and would not be one of the top 1000...so I picked up the pace little bit... passing mile 2 in 20 minutes. I was proud... needless to say I got a medal... but here is the punch line there was only 808 people in the race (which I found out later)... so everyone got a medal. But I guess in the end everyone needs a little incentive.

I am training and looking forward to my next race..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home