Moments of Thought

This has been a few interested days or should I say weeks. I have been really challenged in some areas and blessed in others. So I thought I would share a few moments of my thoughts in these instances.

I got an email from a young lady that I read the Bible with in the Urkaine about 5 years ago. (I will be doing the same that I did in the Urkaine in Argentina this summer and that is practicing English using the Bible) In her email so she began saying I miss you, I hope that you have not forgotten me because I could not forget you. You are the one that told me about God and I have been so blessed. For you I am thankful. It just made my day. But I know that God put me in the right place at the right time. Her family was baptize, as well, after I left the Urkaine. I am so thankful that I was able to share the Good News of Jesus with her and that she feels blessed by knowing Him and me.

School is teaching me patience. I have a presentation, 3 tests and a quiz this week. I have study more this semester than I think I ever have. Sometimes I wonder why I keep at it, but I know that I will be thankful in the long run. I have had lots of support along the way and I am very thankful for that.

One more interesting thing...I have a job interview in Nashville next Friday. I am filled with mixed emotions. I know that it is getting close to time for me to be making adult decisions and move on to the next stage in my life. I have been telling myself for a while that I am ready for this. Well after talking to the lady about the job interview, I all the sudden wasn't ready anymore. (in a sense) I want to get a job and to have my own place, but I want to do it when I am ready. But I know that I have been praying that God will work in my life and that I will do what He wants and not what I want. This might be what He wants, so I have to be ready (like Abraham) to pack up and go. (of course, it won't be as drastic as Abraham, but you know what I mean). I am looking forward to this opportunity. One positive thing about this is that I have a job right now and if I don't get this one I will still have opportunities to look for another before I am a position where I am desperate and without a job. Lots to think about. But that is a week and a half away and I have to think about this week and focus on each day at a time.

Today I am thankful for:
my dad (he is awesome) I am more and more thankful for him everyday, God could not have put a better person in my life to fill this role
being about to pay my bills
the people that have given me money for my mission trip this summer
making it through giving blood yesterday and not passing out (I prayed ALOT and God was with me every step of the way and Sean too)
being able to get an education
being able to walk and exercise
the things that my grandparents have taught me along the way (and for showing me what a Christian marriage looks like)
TODAY!

2 Comments:

  1. tracey said...
    So proud of you, Ann! I know that you will do well in this interview. Keep on praying and knowing that God is with you, no matter what may come. I am so excited for this opportunity for you and for the "next chapter" in your life!
    J said...
    Good luck in Nashville, Ann. All the best.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home