As everyone knows, a hurricane hit south Mississippi early this week and destroyed most everything in its path. No one can tell you how this feels, because there is nothing that can compare to one day having the comforts of home and the next day not knowing where you will end up next or having a place to call home. I did/do not have family on the coast (blood relatives that is), but I do have spiritual family there. My best friend lost not only his home, but the places that he used to hang out with friends, favorite restaurants as well as just the comfort of things familiar. His home town will never be the same again. I guess my struggle now, since I have never been in his shoes or felt the way he feels, how do I help him? what do I say to make things better? I have prayed for him and his family (which is family is safe). I have told him that I am here for him and that I feel for him, but where do I go from there? I have this inner pain that I wish I could take it all away, but I can't.

I realized through all of this how life is so unpredictable. We never know what will happen or even if we will be here another day. Which as also made me realize how much I complain, when I really don't have it that bad. I have a place to sleep, food to eat, friends and family that care about me and a God that will never abandon me. I have never lacked for anything that I could not survive without. I have always had more than I could ever need. But everyday, I struggle with complaining and unhappiness. This week has been a real wake up call for me.

Most of all, I have been reminded of the power of God. If he can create a universe so overwhelming and storms so powerful, then I should have the security knowing that he can take care of me no matter what comes my way. I just have to put my faith and trust in him. Nothing is impossible with God.

To all those who have lots loved ones, and/or all their belongs my heart goes out to you. I pray that time will heal and that you will have the strength to make it through this difficult time. Know that you are loved and being prayed for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home