Ahh! What a feeling!

Well I took my first test in summer school yesterday. I think I did pretty well so I am hoping that I am right. Also, I got all my Spanish assignments done before the due date and was able to take Friday to get in a few hours at work and then to have the afternoon and evening to hang out with my wonderful friends. We went to see War of the Worlds. Being that I had not seen the other movie or read the book, I knew nothing about it other than the previews, so it was very enjoyable and intense for me. It was definitely a movie that I didn't sleep though (like Bewitched.. terrible movie by the way). Then we went to Wendy's for dinner after the movie.
Today, I cleaned my apartment, did laundry and then went to the pool for a couple of hours for a little sun and exercise. I love going to the pool (when it is peaceful and not a lot of people... not today). Then we decided to go to see The Fabulous 4. (things seem so expensive now that we are back from Argentina.. what happen to going to the movies for $2) It was very entertaining and a great way to relax on a cloudy Saturday afternoon. After the movie, we went to Ajax's Diner for some fried pickles and a nice dinner. Then the rest of the evening was spent watching Sean play a little bit of Tiger Woods golf, Dave downloading mission trip pictures and then watching a little TV. It is a good feeling to be at home with friends and enjoying an evening of relaxation after an intense week of work and summer school.
I finally am getting back into the groove of things again and it is starting to feel like home... I loved Argentina, but there is nothing like the comforts of home.

All in all it was a great way to spend my first weekend with my friends since I left 7 weeks ago for Argentina.

Today I am thankful for the people I met in Argentina and the impact they had on my life. And I am thankful for my friends that make me smile and make me feel loved. I don't know what life would be like without them (and I don't want to know).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home