So now for the topic.. why the title? Well I went to see the movie The
Island last night . A great and very entertaining movie, I might add. But anyway,
the movie is about cloning famous people so they could live forever. But the catch is instead
of cloning just their organs they clone the whole body. The clones all live
in a place they call decontamination, as real people and then they use them
as needed on the Island. I won't give the movie away incase you want to go
see it. But what got me was that they were cloning because "American's goal
is to live forever". This got me to thinking about what worldly people feel
it means to live forever and what Christians feel it means to live forever.
I don't know about you, but I want to live forever in heaven. I just can't
imagine not believing in God or that there is a better life after this. But
obviously there are people in this world that will give anything to live
forever on this earth. In the movie, the clone cost 5 million dollars. WOW!
The price people are willing to pay. For example, plastic surgery just
to look younger. I guess my point in all this is to say, Do I want to live
forever, yes! But in heaven. Just imagine if people took living in heaven
with God as seriously as they do wanting to stay on earth forever or stay
"looking good" forever. Man, earth would be a much nicer place! Just a few
thoughts I had,

Today I am thankful for:
one week left in summer school
getting see Gena and Davis this weekend
helping my dad celebrate 50 years! He is awesome (not you can't have him... but maybe I will share)!
rest and relaxation with a friend

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home