Getting Back to Normal

I have completed my first two days of summer school and I am enjoying my first weekend back in Oxford. I was able to catch up on my sleep last night and I mean literally catching up.. I got 16 hours of sleep. It felt so good. I actually a little bit like my old self again. I have spent a little time at the pool, cleaned my apartment, did laundry, got ALL my pictures developed and in an album (actually 3 albums), and did a little homework in between. So my routine is coming back to me and I am loving being able to sit on my couch and relax with a little time by myself. I have gotten to eat at all the places that I was missing so now I can go back on my diet and start walking/running again.
I will get to hear a sermon in English for the first time in 6 weeks tomorrow. I am so excited! It is amazing what you miss that you thought you wouldn't. The saying that "you want what you can't have", is so true. There were things that I never dreamed I would want while I was gone, but it made me appreciated what I have so much more. Besides, all the people and the time that we shared to together there is one thing I wish I could have brought back and that is the cost of things. The peso was 3:1, and that was great! Now things seem so expensive and it makes me think twice before buying it. (which I think is a blessing in disguise).
The trip was wonderful, but I am glad to be back in the US of A and in the comforts of my own home.

My post will be back to normal too... :)

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Your comments are soo funny, and I just enjoy reading them... I am glad that you are back home, but we miss you here .. I miss you girl!!! Thursdays are not fun anymore.. Love you lots!

    Karinita

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home