1. If I could live anywhere without worrying about a job, where would it be and why?
I would want to live where my closest friends are, because they are what make a place special. But I would love to speak Italian and live in Rome or Florence, Italy. It would be spectacular place to live, but I would want my friends there with me.
But my dream is to have a log cabin in the woods, (not necessarily the backwoods) with a lake on the property and privacy to enjoy the nature around me.

2. What is your favorite song and what does it mean to you?
I have lots of favorite songs, but usually I have a song that I listen to that speaks to me at the time. So today, I have two. Being that I am on a mission trip I have things on my mind that make me want to be a better Christian. The first one is Audience of One by Watershed Worship.
Words: What I want doesn’t matter, what I do depends on you, what I become that’s matters (repeat) Who am I to chose, without your lead I lose, that is why I live to please an audience of one. Holy, Holy, Holy Lamb of God
When I listen to this song, it puts things in perspective. It is hard for me to say what I want doesn’t matter, but in truth does it really, it should be what God wants. What I become is definitely what matters, and whom I chose to follow to get there makes all the difference in the world. So the audience I should be please is God (the audience of one) not the world or myself. But if I am really desire to do what God wants then what I want should be the same as what he wants.
The other song is Start A Fire by Watershed Worship (also)
Words: Start a fire in me; let the flames run free, burn away the scars, holy fire of God. So let it begin, let it be new, let it be used for your sake, giving glory to your name, I can live knowing that you, you reside in my heart oh Lord you are the fire, the fire of God. (It repeats lots of times, so these are basic words)
I like the idea of know that God resides in my heart. I want the fire of being a Christian to run deep in me all the time. I want to get ride of all the things that could get in the way of me not being used for his glory. I think of fire as providing light and warmth, which is what Jesus, provides from me and I want to help provide that for other people.

3. Describe the place you feel most at peace and closest to God
I love to sit on the rocks by the lake or ocean and listen to the water hit the rocks and watch the sunset. I also (even though I am scared of heights) like to sit on the side of the mountains and look out (not down) and see the landscape.
I also love to lie on the dock or on a blanket in an open area at night and look at the sky and watch for shooting stars. I mostly feel closest to God when I am in nature and can see his awesome power and creation.
Retreats with other Christians singing praises to God (like Gulf Coast), when I get goose bumps from the words and the sound of all the voices being lifted up.

4. What is one of your first memories of me?
I am not sure if this is exactly a first, but I remember chatting with your mom when she came up early to paint your room before you moved into the center. You were working at the pharmacy and couldn’t come paint (since she loves to paint it was ideal for her)… that is not really a memory of you but then again it is. We were always rearranging furniture at the center and trying to decide what to do about the lobby upstairs. I remember going bowling and you were better than you let on…and still are. The memory that stands out most in my mind is the LSU/Ole Miss, we stayed up late and made signs, then we got up pretty early to go and sit outside the gate for hours on end to get our seats. It was hot, but it was a blast and an event I am sure we will never forget! (it just stinks that we didn’t win) (I also remember you being an Alabama fan and that is still not acceptable). It is hard for me to think… We didn’t start getting to be close friends until this past summer, because before then you went home often and stayed in your room a lot. So I have to say I like the later memories than the first one (not to say that the first were bad, I just didn’t know you as well as I do now). I hope this answer is not too disappointing.

5. What is the most unique experience you have had while in Argentina?
This one is difficult (not like the others aren’t) but I have so many. But I must say the one that sticks out in my mind, is the night we went to this steak house called Spettus. It is an all you can eat (literally) meal, without a buffet. They serve you and you have a red and green card on the table, when you are full you put it on the red side for stop. But being that we don’t speak Spanish very well they kept bringing out all kinds of meat and we didn’t know how to ask, “what is this?” but even if so would we understand the response. So anyway, they bring out this meat and we decide we will just try to all. And this particular piece was so awesome that we wanted them to bring it back, but there again we didn’t know what it was to ask. So until someone could come tell us in English what it was, we just called it the mystery meat. After waiting and eating many other things, it came time for us to eat it again. So you are wondering what was it… COW THROAT!! (Ok, get grossed out… but it was awesome… it tasted so good!!! )

Here are the "rules" I posted before, which you will post along with your answers:

1. Leave me a comment saying “interview me.”
2. I will respond by asking you five questions here on my blog (not the same questions you see here).
3. You will update your blog/site with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

thanks for interviewing me, heather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home