Patience is a virtue!

We have been here for almost 3 weeks and everyday has it own experiences. I have had some interesting questions and been told interesting things. I will give you some examples. I have about 12 readers, sometimes more, sometimes less depends on the day (whether they decide to come or not). But recently, I received a new reader. I told the team not to pray for patience because God would put experiences in our way to test it! and as always that rang true. This readers names is Clara, she is 45 years old and is a radio broadcaster. She loves to talk!!! She was a buddhist but not she is a metaphysicist. She believes that she knows everything she needs to know spiritual and that she has all the answers. She believe in reincarnation and that is what she is waiting on. We met for the first time a last week, and at the first meeting we are suppose to gather personal information and share about ourselves. Well, we almost didn't get through the information page of about 6 questions, when I asked her "what is your nationality?' that opened up a can of worms. She wears a pin so that people will not ask, but I asked. She also told me that I spoke too fast for her. But then she told me that she was going to New York and want to know how they spoke and would I help her. ( I wanted to say they speak faster than me, but that is where the patience came in). We didn't get into Luke on that meeting, but we scheduled our second meeting in which we did get to read a little of Luke. She came prepared and by do I mean prepared! She had done lessons 1 and 2, and had written a page about Gabriel. (the lesson was about the angel coming to Mary to talk to her about being Jesus' mother) Gabriel in the metophysicist religion is very different than the way that I saw Gabriel, but again patience was needed. We finished lesson 1 and 2, but I told her that I thought we should stop there for the day since we are technically only suppose to do one lesson at a time per session. She was Ok with that because she had other plans in mind... sometimes I wonder who was teaching who in these sessions. She is very convicted about her beliefs as am I, so of course there is room for conflict. But what do you tell someone who thinks they have it all together? She has a book with all the answers to her problems and if she comes across something she needs help with her "masters" will help her. I asked her where did this religion come from and she said that it is the good from all religions. I think you understand my dilema here and why I need patience. I don't have all the answers, but I know where to get them and that is from God. It makes me sad to here her stories and the ideas she has because I want everyone to go to heaven. So please pray that I will have patience to talk to her (that I will have the opportunity because usually I can't get a word in) and not give up. I don't know what to say and I don't understand what she believes in.

I have many other readers that need Jesus, more than they need English practice. But God has opened a door for me to show them thru English. I pray that I am able to do that. I am reminded of one of my favorite scriptures: Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." It is in God's hands. I plant the seed and he makes it grow!!! It is not about me, it is about Him! We talked about weakness in devo this morning and how God uses our weaknesses to show our need for Him and that is so true. Because I don't have all the answers only He does, I just have to lead them to him.

God is blessing me in so many ways! Today I am thankful to have been raised in a family that loved God, because I wouldn't want to imagine life any other way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home