Are we in Argentina?

Are we in Argentina? That is the question. For some it doesn't feel like we are really away from home. We can get most anything we want here. There is one that is different, we met the butcher at the supermarket and he is going to come to church on Sunday and offered to cook us dinner. I don't know that that would happen in the states. The people are very friendly. I am making friends with my readers already.

I have 13 readers and lots of them want to read often. It is so exciting. A lot of them speak English very well. I asked one of my readers if he believed that God could do anything and his response was I am not married I don't know. He is 26 years old. I told him that I could relate on the married situation, but to not give up on God sometimes we have to wait for His time and he said he hasn't given up. He thinks he needs to grow up a little first and finish school. I feel that this is going to be a wonderful experience, especially since we have so much in common already.

We had our first party, with 26 people in attendance. We played pin the tail on the donkey (or whatever you might have called it, it didn't look much like a donkey. But it made for great laughs), hangman (in English) and we made smores. The smores were a big hit! I had 3 readers come to the party and they all said they had a great time. Next week, we will have a Party in the Grove. For dinner, we ate pizza. It tasted a lot like American pizza.

We have our first weekend off starting tomorrow. I am looking forward to seeing the city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home