Still in Awe

Everyday is a new day in here. Yesterday, we a holiday here in Argentina. So we didn't have any readers. We went to the zoo!!!! I loved it. It was so much fun. It is very different than our zoo at home. They have cows!!! ( took a picture, because I was so surprised), but one of my readers told me that the farm animals that were at the zoo (yes, there were sheep, roosters, rabbits, goats, chickens and other farm animals.), that is there only way they can see them. I enjoyed it very much, seeing the monkeys (my favorite)! They had kangaroos and camels too. Ok well that is enough about the zoo. After the zoo, we went to an amazing art exhibit. We spent about 2 hours there and could have spent a lot more. It was so amazing, there was some very interesting pieces and then some very enjoyable pieces that I would like to have taken home with me. Then we went for ice cream!!! I had strawberry and cookies and cream! It was wonderful!
After touring a little, we were invited to Ed and Carolyn Hance's home. They are members of the Villa Urquiza church and live downtown. It an amazing apartment. There home was definitely not what I think of when I think of Argentina living. We meet the LST team from Cabillito there and then many church members from Villa Urquiza came too. We played biliquial scrabble in pairs. It was a lot of fun. After dinner (which was also excellent) we had a Bible study and singing. It was so moving to hear the songs in English and Spanish. For some reason I like some of the Spanish versions better. I got goose bumbs. I think that there is something so special about traveling around the world and worshipping with people from a different culture. It is so amazing to have something so powerful in common with them that not even the language barrier can separate. I am still in awe! of how great this place is.
I have had some awesome reading sessions. I have four specific readers that are challenging me and it is something that I have needed for a long time. I hope that am able to touch them like they have touched me. I pray that they can see Jesus in me and that I will be able to show them what an awesome God we serve. And what a wonderful life it is to live in him.

I have always said mission work is a special experience. It is not something that you can betray in words, only by experience.
God is working here!
Today, I am thankful for this experience and for the opportunities I have to share God with my readers.
And thankful for all who have contributed to this opportunity whether financially or through prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home