Hmmm....

A lot of different thoughts going through my head the last couple of days. I am really appreciating my friends more and more. They have been there for me (as always) but especially the last few months. I have been stressed and frustrated more than I think I have even been, but things are getting better. I have completed three exams and have 3 left. I am praying that I get the results I want. But grades come out after I am on the plane to Argentina, so I might be waiting a while....
We had out last work day for LST today... we leave on Monday, so the time is never. I have begun to get things together to pack and working on getting things square away bill wise so that I will not have to worry about that.
But when you think things are looking up... i think the devil comes in and tries to ruin that for you. I have mixed emotions about Argentina and they are not all positive, but I need to get the devil out of my way and make them all positive. (still working on that)

I am not a home body... I am not much of a family get together type person, but I do love them. And I realize it even more in times like today... I found out that my mom is having a cat-scan done tomorrow and she is very scared about the results. Her dad died of a brain tumor after having the same symptoms she is having. I know that it is most people instinct to think the worst, but we are trying not to... we don't know the results so we are staying positive. I think the thing that scares me the most is that she will get the results when I am in Argentina. I know that is the devil getting my way. He is causing me to question myself about going and leaving my mom behind. But I am trying to stay strong and PRAY! God is in control. My family is close, so I have faith that we will stick together through this good or bad. Gena called me today and said I want to be there. It is times like this when you realize that we don't know what could happen and we want to make things right. We are keeping in touch and she will come if she needs to. Mother's Day was just a few days ago and I told my mom I loved her, but today that has new meaning.

On a happier note, Friday is just around the corner and another semester will be behind me. Baseball is in the agenda for the weekend and a lot of packing and rest ( which is baseball).. might even get in a little pool time (depends on the weather).

I hope that everyone is surviving finals .... there is light at the end ... I see it!

Today I am thankful for:
Family and Friends
God being in control
Tracey's ( and Casey's) thoughts on God's answers... it made me think

1 Comment:

  1. tracey said...
    Sorry all of this is happening with your mom right when you're leaving, Ann. But you are working for God in these next six weeks, and you are making your mom proud; you are doing things she has raised you to do! Keep sharing and talking -- the devil doesn't like that. You are doing good.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home