Wow, I am not sure how else to describe the structures, art and dining. It is all so amazing. I am so fascinated by all the statues and structure that are downtown. Everything is so tall or big, unlike things in the stores. When purchasing things in the grocery stores, everything comes in small packages. They do not buy by the week like we do. It is more on a couple of day basis.
We went to see Star Wars and I got POPCORN!!! The movie was excellent and the popcorn was excellent. I wish I had had a togo box to take the extra with me. The movie cost us $2!! We can't even rent an old movie for that much. It was great. The theater was nice. Then the guys ate at the food court (I was not hungry, after all the popcorn). The food court was a lot like ours. But I did get ice cream! It was good too!
We went downtown to see some of the sites, like the Pink House (it is like our White House), they have a monument similar to our Washington Monument, and then my most favorite thing so far was the art galleries. I wanted to bring some of it home with me. It was so awesome! They have some amazing artist here. The detail was so awesome. But it was near the end of the day when we found these galleries, so I am hoping to go back and look some more another weekend. We went to a fancy restaurant for dinner, and the food was good but it was much more than I could eat, so the boys took it home to eat later. We played spades for a little while, and then it was time to call it quits for the evening.

Yesterday, we went to Recoleta. It is a market and artesy area. We went to the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch. I had a New York Strip and it was awesome!!! We went to the cemetery, to see where Evita was buried. The cemetery was a cool experience, but creepy at the same time. Sean took lots of cool pictures, so I am going to get him to share. Then off to the market, Mom and Dad, don't be surprised if I stay, since I can't ship home all the things that I liked in the furniture stores. The furniture and other home furnishings were so modern and simple. It was so cool. I loved it! I am still trying to think of ways to get it home. Dad you know the bed we started making, well we have to finish it. I know exactly what I want it to look like! (I hope we still have the supplies). I wish you all could see this! It is incredible!
We went to the church about 7:15, to hang out with the youth for a little while. There singing is beautiful. And it is cool to hear the songs we sing in a different language. (reminds me of Rome and Urkraine) I hope we can sing Soon and Very Soon!
The teens played soccer, but I didn't (not really my thing). Jeremy is getting the hang of it. Sean and Dave have colds so they don't need to be playing.

I am falling in love with this place already and I haven't even been here a week yet! The people are so friendly, the building are so awesome, the transportation (has its ups and downs) and I am getting lots of exercise! I think I have even lots a pound or two! (which makes it even better). The only thing I haven't gotten used to yet is the fact that I keep thinking about what time it is at home. So every time, I get up in the morning I think it is 6 AM at home! (but then I have to remind myself that I will be going to bed when it is 10 pm at home).

Today, we are back at the church meeting with readers. I don't have any today, so I am catching up on email and doing a few things to get ready for the week. The guys all have at least 2 readers today. We have worship tonight at 5. I am looking forward to meeting the church members.

Today I am thankful for how blessed I am!
I am also thankful that the Lord has blessed us with many readers and the help of The Hentons.

I can see great things coming out of this experience!

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    we are thankful to hear that things are going so well and that the team has so many readers. please tell all the guys how much we appreciate each one of you for the service you are giving to the Lord and his church this summer (winter)!
    Anonymous said...
    It sounds like you are having great experiences there. I am glad that you are being challenged by some of your readers. I think that many times, the best way to learn is by teaching. We want you to know that we appreciate what you are doing and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Please let the others know that we are thinking about them and that they are in our prayers as well.

    Eric and Angie

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home