Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

Growing Pains!

Sometimes I wish I didn't have to grow anymore. I think I am big enough...oh wait we are not talking about size.

We have been talking on Wednesday nights about being strangers in the world for Christ and why do we suffer for God? Suffering is not pleasant but it is something we chose because we are choosing to follow God. We are not suffering in the sense of pain by a cut, bruise or anything of that nature, but suffering by choosing right from wrong, cool and uncool, acceptance and rejection. I feel that suffering has gotten harder since I have gotten older. But Dave reminded me today that it is not necessarily that it gets harder but that the devil works harder to get those that are following God because the devil knows he has already won those who follow him. So if we are following God the devil is going to work on our weaknesses to get us to follow him. We have to be strong even if it means suffering, such as giving up things that we think are important but not good for us. I am in the position to put the past behind me and move forward in the path that follows God. I have lots of friend that have not helped me in my walk with God and I need to not let them consume me. I can still be friends with them but not hang out with them or take part in the sinful things that they are doing. It is not easy but that is where the suffering comes in. Even in that suffering I have to remind myself that there is a reward waiting for me..HEAVEN!! If I suffer for God and do his will then I will be with him one day in Heaven. That day can only come soon enough. Sometimes when people are worried about death and dying, I think that if I am ready I will not need to worry about that. I hope that I am ready when he comes again or if I die before that time that the legacy that I will leave behind will be peace (to those left behind) that I am going to be in Heaven. I am struggling with being the person I need to be for God and the example I need to be for those around me. Some days I feel more ready to go with God than others, but I am striving to be ready everyday. I want to be consumed by God. I want as many thoughts as possible to be on Him and His will for me.

I am reminded of the scripture that says: " I CAN do all things through Christ who strengthens me." If I let God be by may side every step of the way, I will not be alone and I can accomplish anything!! That means make it through the suffering.

Thanks to my friends for being by my side every step of the way and encouraging me. I see Christ with me helping me along the way when you are there. I believe that he put you in my life right now at this particular time for a reason. I love you guys!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home