Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

Wow!

We (sean, dave and I) went to watch the movie Ray tonight. It was good movie, yet long in my opinion. Sean said apparentally you have not seen the Lord of the Rings...but I said that was a whole different kind of movie...so I am still to the conclusion that it was a long movie.

I was impressed by the success that Ray Charles had, but I was especially impressed by his wife. She was an awesome women. The whole movie I keep saying WOW!!! she is a wonderful wife and she puts up with some crap. I only hope and pray that someone will love me as much as she loved him. She put up with his addiction to herion, him not being home very much, him ignoring his children and not going to their events, but most of all she put up with the fact that he was cheating on her. This cheating was not once but multiple times, even to the point that he got one of the women pregnant. I have to say WOW!! In society today, there are alot of people that have troubled marriages and will get a divorce when the going gets tough, but not this women. I think that if she could endure that then some of the women who are looking for a way to get out of a difficult marriage for minor things should look at Ray's wife and say that is love...I can stick this out. I only hope that when and if I get married that I will find a person that will love me like Ray's wife loved him. I know everyone has their flaws and that we are by no means perfect ...but love should conquer all!!! ( not to say that marital unfaithfulness should be put up with) But we shouldn't cop out when the going gets tough...God is not going to gives up more than we can handle...even if we think so.

My dad always tells me that when things get tough and you are choicing God, you might think that he is giving you more than you can handle but really he just has a lot of faith in you..obviously more than you have in yourself. (which is definitely my problem.)

I did alot of thinking during the movie. It was a good break from everything and a great time with my friends.

To all my friends..HANG IN THERE...God is lookin out for you and remember that love conquers all!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home